ICFO Conference 2011, Zurich, Switzerland
May 20, 2011
Global Charity Trends: Challenges for National Monitoring Organizations
The ICFO conference is hosted by Zewo Foundation, the ICFO member organization from Switzerland.
We focus on global trends in the charity sector and the challenges involved for national monitoring organizations: New fundraising channels based on internet-technology, mobile phones and apps are coming up. At the same time, international NGOs develop fundraising activities in different local markets. More and more charities need to prove that they are transparent and accountable for what they do. What do donors, development agencies and NGOs in this context expect from national monitoring organizations?
Welcome – Trix Heberlein, President of the Board of Zewo Foundation, Switzerland
How does an International Development Agency Enforde Accountability? – Ruerd Ruben, Director, Policy and Operations Evaluation Department / IOB – Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Netherlands, Member of OECD/DAC Network on Development Evaluation
Panel Discussion: Challengens for Monitoring Charities – Moderator: John Pellowe, Chief Executive Officer, Canadian Council of Christian Charities (CCCC), Canada
- Adri Kemps, General Secretary, International Committee on Fundraising Organizations (ICFO)
- John Low, Chief Executive, Charities Aid Foundation ( CAF)
- Caroline Morel, Executive Director, Swissaid
- Ruerd Ruben, Director, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Netherlands
- Konrad Specker, Head Institutional Partnerships, Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC)
- Martina Ziegerer, Executive Director, Stiftung Zewo
Closing Remarks – Rollin van Broekhoven, President of ICFO