ICFO Conference 2010 in Canada
May 14, 2010
The ICFO annual conference is hosted by the Canadian Coucile of Christian Charities CCCC, the ICFO member from Canada in cooperation with the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OECE).
- Rev. John Pellowe, Chief Executive Officer, Canadian Coucil of Christian Charities, CCCC
- Rollin von Broekhoven, President ICFO
- Policy Priorities for the Charities Directorate: Fundraising Expenses Allocation – Foreign Activities – Advancement of Religion by Bryan McLean, Director, Policy, Planning and Legislation Division, Charities Directorate, Canada Revenue Agency
- Public Policy Options for private Generosity by Michael Van Peit, President Cardus Canada
- Compliance Division Overview and Major Compliance Issues by Danie Huppé-Cranford, Director of Compliance, Charities Directorate, Canada Revenue Agency
Afternoon: Transparency and Effectiveness. Where is the Donor's Money going?
Session 1: Transparency – Moderator: Reinhard Uhrig, Action against Terrorism Unit (ATU) OSCE Secretariat, Austria
- NPO Regulation, Transparency and Fraud Prevention – International Developments, Challenges and Capacity Building by Radha Ivory, Resarch Assistant, Faculty of Law, University of Basel, Switzerland
- The Global Mapping of NPO's Transparency, Monitoring and Certification Tools by Michel Hammer, Executive Director, One World Trust, United Kingdom
Session 2: Effectiveness
- BBB's Project on Charity Effectiveness by Bennett M. Weiner, Chief Operating Officer, BBB / Wise Giving Alliance, U.S.A.
- Brief Reports on Effectiveness Trends in other ICFO Countries
- Canada, Rev. John Pellowe, Chief Executive Officer, CCCC Canada
- Switzerland, Martina Ziegerer, Executive Director, Zewo, Switzerland
- Germany, Burkhard Wilke, Executive Director, DZI, Germany
Wrap-up and Closing Remarks – Rollin van Broekhoven, President ICFO